Viwanda.africa Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
Unique model of getting quality African products to the Amazon Ecosystem
What is Amazon FBA?
Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) is a unique and efficient service offered by Amazon that provides storage, packaging, and shipping assistance to sellers.
This helps sellers to ship their merchandise to Amazon warehouses (Also known as Amazon Fulfillment Centers) where the items are stored awaiting sale and shipping.
Once the product is sold (on amazon or on your website), then Amazon ships the product to the customer directly from their warehouse. As a seller, you get the benefits of using Amazon FBA
Benefits of Amazon FBA
- Access to the largest online retailer in the world
- 24/7 Amazon customer service – thus routing all customer queries through Amazon.
- Discounted shipping Rates
- Fulfillment and shipping costs included (pick, pack and ship)
- Return management – FBA handles all the returns and refunds
- Fast and efficient deliveries, keeping the customer happy
- Access to one of the world’s most dynamic fulfillment networks
Brands on Amazon FBA
African Brands that Trusted the Process
Listing on Viwanda.africa
When a seller lists their product on Viwanda.africa, they can liaise with our company to have the product available to our retail division.
Through the retail division, the product pricing and availability is primarily synchronized between B2B (Business to Business) and into B2C (Business to Consumer).
A few changes are made to the description, pricing and stock availability depending on the agreed terms with the seller.
In addition to listing, a set budget for launch, marketing and brand awareness needs to be discussed to make the product a success in the US market (or any other Amazon market listing).
Listing on Amazon.com
In addition to listing on Viwanda.africa, the product is also listed on Amazon.com under Viwanda.africa Seller Central Account.
This listing is synchronized with our store to keep track of the stock, pricing and availability – (Dual Listing)
Sales can be made directly from Amazon.com or from our website (www.viwanda.africa). Both ways, we are able to keep track of the primary source of sales and fulfillment to the final consumer.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
If purchases are made by final consumer on our website – www.viwanda.africa – or on the Amazon.com website, fulfillment is ultimately done by Amazon.com.
This means that we remain within the Amazon ecosystem, while growing online sales via ecommerce store.
3 Basic Requirements
While this is a great program, we are also aware of the potential risk involved. We have put a few conditions that are key requirements to get into this program.
- The product should be within the top 10 high demand items at Amazon.com
- Export-Ready products with the right certifications, labeling, and Claims
- Minimum Digital Advertising Budget of $30/product/day/platform – minimum 2 platforms
High Demand Products
Currently the following are the top 10 Product Categories at Amazon.
- Home & Kitchen
- Sports & Outdoors
- Toys & Games
- Health, Household & Baby Care
- Beauty & Personal Care
- Kitchen & Dining
- Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry
- Garden & Outdoor
- Tools & Home Improvement
Your uniqueness and marketing budget can be key factors to the choice of product out of this scope.
Export Ready Products
At present, we will only consider export-ready products. These are products that have been certified for export to the United States, Europe, or other markets that Amazon operates.
This certification includes quality requirements by various regulatory bodies in the United States, Labelling and Claims.
Minimum Online Ad Budget
Without targeted and consistent digital marketing, your product will most likely remain in Amazon storage and ultimately be sent back to our primary warehouse.
The following three advertising platform are crucial. The minimum requirement is to advertise in first two.
- Facebook & Instagram – Consumer Products
- Google Search Advertising – Consumer & Business Products
- LinkedIn Advertising – Business Products only
The minimum Advertising budget must be $30/product /platform/day with a minimum of 2 digital platforms.