Online Escrow Services – Escrow.com
How does Online Escrow Services work?
Online escrow is a five-step process. It protects the Seller by verifying funds and protects the Buyer by allowing inspection of the merchandise before funds are disbursed. For an overview, visit our five-step tutorial.
How long does the escrow process take?
It depends upon :
- The inspection period agreed upon by both parties.
- The Buyer’s payment method.
- Delivery time from Seller to Buyer.
- Seller’s selected disbursement option. Generally, most escrow purchases can take from five to 20 days.
How does Escrow.com protect me?
With Escrow.com, every step in your transaction is verified with proven tracking and verification procedures.
How Buyers are protected:
- Escrow.com tracks and verifies delivery of the shipped merchandise.
- The Seller isn’t paid until the Buyer accepts the merchandise, or the agreed upon inspection period expires.
How Sellers are protected:
- Escrow.com verifies delivery of merchandise to the Buyer via the online trackable shipping that the Seller provides to Escrow.com.
- The Seller is notified to ship after Escrow.com verifies good funds.
When should I use Escrow.com?
The services offered through Escrow.com support most online transactions. It’s ideal for exchanging higher-end items (above $500 in value) that merit the security and peace of mind that Escrow.com delivers.
Typically, our customers use our service when the Buyer and Seller are unknown to each other, for purchases made on auction sites, classified ad sites, business-to-business e-commerce sites, and online merchants.